Do you have a gap in your weekly programme to fill? Are you looking for a creative challenge for the members of your section? Are any members of your section keen photographers? Well look no further! The Creative Activities Team is running another photographic competition for all members of Scouting within North Yorkshire, including Leaders.
The theme of this year’s photographic competition is “Reflections”. This an incredibly broad theme which can be interpreted in many ways by the individual photographer. Perhaps they may be inspired by physical reflections in water or glass or maybe by memories and recollections.
Digital cameras available to borrow
If you would like to use the photographic competition as an opportunity to include a photography session in your programme, then please get in touch. We have a number of digital cameras available for any group to borrow. They are available from the Creative Team.
Photographic competition rules
- Entries to the photographic competition will be judged in five sections: Beavers, Cub Scouts, Scouts, Explorers, and 18+ (Network and Leaders).
- Each person may enter one photograph which must have been taken by the entrant to the competition. Submissions must be in digital jpg format, with the original camera Exif data attached.
- All photographs must be submitted with the name of the photographer, date of birth, Scout group and District details. The images will be judged in the age range that the photographer was when the photograph was taken.
- The competition will be open for submission between 15th August 2018 and 16th October 2018. Any entries outside these dates will not be judged. Photographs must be submitted to the following email address only: email@example.com
- The decisions of the judges will be final.
- All judging will be anonymous.
- Any photographs submitted to the competition may be used by the County Scout Council for any purpose of Scouting. All other rights are retained by the photographer.
Find out more about the photographic competition
For further information or for any queries please contact;
John A Ives
Assistant County Commissioner, Creative North Yorkshire Scouts